Geelong, Surf Coast, Bellarine
Geelong, Surf Coast, Bellarine
faulty wiring

Have you noticed any faulty wiring in your home or business lately? Tripping circuit breakers, flickering lights or burning smells could be faulty wiring signs. Thankfully there are some clear warning signs of electrical faults.

Common signs of faulty wiring

Stay alert and detect electrical issues before they cause damage or a fire. If you see the following warning signs it is time to call a professional electrician. 

Tripped circuit breakers – it’s not uncommon for circuit breakers to trip; that’s what they are made to do. However, if they regularly tripped, you may have an electrical issue. Contact a professional electrician to have your circuit breaker looked at.

Flickering lights – If a light bulb change does not rectify flickering, dimming or buzzing lights, it is time to call a licensed electrician in Torquay. You have faulty wiring, which may need an electrical upgrade.

Burning smell – if you notice smoky or burning odours, you have an electrical issue. Burning smells can mean fire damage, so it’s essential to immediately contact a licensed electrician to inspect the issue.

Hot or darkened outlets – if any part of your electrical components gets hot – a switch, an outlet or wiring – turn everything off and then contact the professionals. 

Frayed wiring – no matter how the wire got frayed, it can lead to issues if not fixed. Damaged wiring is a fire and shock hazard, so it should be repaired by a professional electrician as soon as possible. 

DIY fixes for faulty wiring

Often people are tempted to fix electrical faults themselves. However, DIY electrical work is not only dangerous; it’s illegal! (According to Victoria’s Electrical Safety Act, it’s mandatory to have all electrical performed by a licensed electrician.) 

Commercial electricians for electrical faults in the Geelong region

These warning signs we’ve listed are for inspection purposes only. If you find an electrical issue in your home or business, contact Smart Green’s electrical team to have it repaired. Call us on 0456 777 067.

Electrical faults can put your family or customers in grave danger if not isolated and repaired promptly. Not to mention faulty wiring can cause fires if not taken care of quickly. So for your safety, your family, friends, and customers have your electrical wiring checked if you suspect an issue and be careful not to overload your electrical circuits

Post Author: Smart Green Electrical

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.