It comes as no shock (pun intended) that electricity is vital to keeping our homes, businesses and lives running smoothly. Electricity keeps our appliances running, heats and cools our homes, provides entertainment, and keeps us safe with home security systems, therefore it would be sorely missed if it shut off suddenly.
Most electrical problems are annoying and minor, but they can also be very dangerous, potentially causing fires or property damage. Electrical shocks and high voltage electrical injuries can even lead to death. The temptation to DIY your electrical problems to save money is just not worth the risk to yourself and others in your home.
Why DIY Electrical Work is Dangerous
Electrical work can be complicated and is always best left to qualified electricians to avoid some of the following risks:
- 1/ Electrocution – When handling your own electrical repairs, you are at a high risk of electrical shock, this is due to the fact you may not be as familiar with the proper safety steps to handling electricity.
- 2/ Fire hazard – DIY electrical repairs can expose faulty wiring or cabling. This can lead to a short circuit and potentially an electrical fire.
- 3/ Hidden dangers – Most electrical components are located within the walls of your home which may have hidden or old electrical connections that can cause issues if disturbed or give you a surprise electric shock if ‘live’. A professional electrician ensures electrical work is done safely.
- 4/ Future expenses – Small mistakes or quick DIY fixes can lead to other, more expensive problems down the track. Electrical mistakes often have future implications. You may be fine for a short period until your handy work fails and leads to further issues, expenses and even fires. A lack of understanding of electricity can result in disastrous situations that will have you calling a professional anyway.
- 5/ No Qualifications – If you are not an accredited electrician, any repairs or fixes you make may cause your trouble with permits or house inspections later on. A qualified electrician, such as those at Smart Green Electrical, have the proper training and accreditations that ensures quality safe repairs.
Quality and Safe Service
Smart Green Electrical prides ourselves on the quality products and service we provide to all our clients in Geelong, the Bellarine and the Surf Coast. Adhering to safety standards, our work and expertise will ensure your electrical job is done right the first time.
Trust the experts at Smart Green Electrical for all your home electrical and emergency electrical needs—we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to service our clients right across the Geelong region.
The Smart Green technicians are happy to provide quotes and advice on the electrical installations. Please call us on 0456 777 067 or email via our Contact Us page for all your Geelong electrician needs.